Canceling (or setting aside) an Eviction Order

LIST Code: HO-02-03-02-07




Canceling (or setting aside) an Eviction Order


This category covers options that a tenant might have after a court has ruled in an eviction case, ordering on the side of the landlord that they can remove the tenant from the home. This includes how to file a motion to set aside (or cancel) the eviction order, based on a legal reason why the order should never have been issued. This might be for problems with how the case procedure went, landlord fraud, mistake or surprise, new evidence, or that the tenant has already moved out.

Other Taxonomy Terms

These terms in other taxonomies are equivalent to this term. They are mapped to each other.

  • NSMI v1 Taxonomy: 1630315
Last updated on Jul 01 2022

Copyright © 2024 The Leland Stanford Junior University (Stanford University). All Rights Reserved.